The In Vitro Toxicology and Dermato-Cosmetology (IVTD) team aims to improve human health and safety through diverse activities:
- Toxicology, liver cell biology & pathology research
- Animal free (3Rs alternatives) in biomedical research
- Dermato-Cosmetology education and research
- Consumer safety research
- Pharmacy, toxicology and safety education
- Products & Services through our consortium of liver experts: B-Liver
- COVID-19 and drug-induced liver injury: a problem of plenty or a petty point?
- Anti-NASH Drug Development Hitches a Lift on PPAR Agonism
- Robustness testing and optimization of an adverse outcome pathway on cholestatic liver inju
- new approach methodologies in toxicology included in the RE-Place data base.
- Direct reprogramming of somatic cells into induced hepatocytes: cracking the Enigma code
Recent Grants and Awards
- EvolvAKUre: a Darwinian approach to develop a cure for alkaptonuria
- IOF GEAR Brussels Liver Research to Valorisation Alliance (B-Liver)
- EU PANACHE: Production of next generation modulators of pannexins and connexins as novel therapeutics in the treatment of inflammatory cardiovascular, hepatic and joint diseases.
- H2020 TWINNING TWINALT: Towards excellence in alternative methods for toxicity assessment
- National Award - Belgian Society of Pharmaceutical Sciences (bsps.be)
- IRP NON-Animal Methodologies for Toxicity Testing of Chemical Compouns (TOXIN)
- At the 10th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Cellular and Computational Toxicology (ASCCT) from the 12th to the 14th of October 2021, Anouck Thienpont obtained the Ray Tice Tox21 Student Award for the best student oral presentation