- Research work concerning the barrier function of the skin, including the analysis of epidermal human skin lipids. Healthy human skin was investigated as well as the factors affecting the lipid concentrations. Closely linked to the doctoral thesis work was the study for different cosmetic firms concerning the efficacy of ceramides/cholesterol/FFA-containing dermato-cosmetic emulsions on the transepidermal water loss (TEWL) and/or skin hydration of aged or experimentally induced damaged skin.
- Pharmaceutical thesis project in the field of dermato-cosmetic sciences. The aim of the project work was the development of a hypo-allergic body lotion regarding toxicological aspects and efficacy criteria.
- Pharmacist in a pharmacy open to the public.
- Post-doc research work focused on the technological develpment of a suitable spray formulation with a proven efficacy on the barrier function as well as cleansing properties. In addition, research is carried out for the development and validation of new biophysical measuring tools in order to assess barrier function properties, skin topography and epidermal desquamation.
- Safety assessor of cosmetics in the EU.